Subscribe for useful free info!
The information we learn from our Members and Guests helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at Joy Compass. Here are the types of information we gather.
• Information You Give Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future features for you, improving our site, and communicating with you.
• Automatic Information:
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Joy Compass. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
• E-mail Communications:
To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Joy Compass if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive promotional e-mail from us, please update your account information.
• Information from Other Sources:
We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
• Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as personalized greetings.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
• Third-Party Service Providers:
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
• Promotional Offers:
Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Joy Compass customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please update your account information.
• Business Transfers:
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Joy Compass or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
• Protection of Joy Compass and Others:
• With Your Consent:
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
• We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
• We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Our site may include links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to third-party websites. Joy Compass does not currently work with any advertisers.
Joy Compass gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Joy Compass for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. To access account information, visit My Account.
• As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of certain Joy Compass features.
• You can add or update certain information on My Account page. When you update information, we may keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
• If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please update My Account page.
Joy Compass does not provide services for use by children. If you are under 18, you may use Joy Compass only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
You provide most such information when you search, buy, submit content and other materials, participate in a contest or questionnaire. For example, you provide information when you provide membership information; communicate with us by e-mail or otherwise; provide and rate reviews, participate in the Joy Compass Community. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; and the content of your contributions.
Examples of information you can access easily at Joy Compass include up-to-date information regarding name, e-mail address, physical address and telephone number, and other payment information.